Montana is a self-taught mixed media artist who has used this opportunity to think outside the box. She has developed a distinctive and unique technique utilising traditional fine art materials. Based in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, she finds endless inspiration from the ocean and its textures.
Combining her inquisitive talents of aerial photography and painting, Montana has relentlessly tested and researched a mix of classic art mediums, chemical reactions and layers to create structural depth and intrigue in her work. Her unmistakable style has grown a steady following and is rapidly expanding to collectors from around the world having had consistent sell-out exhibitions.
"My work is an ode to the ocean and its ever changing colours, textures and light.
I aim to push the bounds of traditional painting and perspectives to make you stop and ask "how have you done that?"
I want to use every ounce of research and passion to create a perfect balance of a painting and sculpture that will captivate you as the reflections transform."
- 2022 Group Exhibition, Illumination, The Other Art Fair presented by Saatchi Art, Sydney, Australia
- 2022 Solo Exhibition, Illumination, Montana Moore Art, Sydney, Australia
- 2021 Group Exhibition, The Other Art Fair presented by Saatchi Art, Sydney, Australia
- 2021 Group Exhibition, Into the Deep, Northern Beaches Creative Space, Sydney, Australia
- 2021 Group Exhibition, Out of the Blue, Crackpot Gallery, Sydney, Australia
- 2021 Group Exhibition, Chromatic, MADS Gallery, Milan, Italy
Publications & Media
- 2022 Rated Modern Art, Social Media
- 2022 Front Cover & 1 Page Article, The Tawny Frogmouth Magazine
- 2022 Front Cover & 2 Page Article, Northern Beaches Review Magazine
- 2021 2 Page Article, The Art Edit Magazine, Studio Visit
- 2021 Artwork Feature, Vanity Fair Magazine
- 2021 Artwork Feature, House & Garden Magazine
- 2021 Film Interview, This is my Pool Documentary